Thank you for checking out my new blog! I’m so excited to explore this new way of connecting with you! I see this blog as a fun space where I'll share things like:
- Works-in-progress: Go behind the scenes as I create, color and experiment
- Tips & techniques: Quick tutorials and explanations of various art techniques
- Art supplies: I'll tell you what materials I'm working with and what I think of them!
- Field trips: If I go somewhere art-related and/or inspirational, I'll show & tell you all about it
- Inspiration: I'll post pics of things (and concepts) that inspire my artwork
- Q&As: Since I don't always have time to answer one-on-one questions that people submit through my Contact form, I'll answer them here, so that everyone can read the answers
- New books & merch: Learn about my upcoming projects & new releases!
- Special sales & coupon codes: If there's a deal available, I'll let ya know!
Above: At work in my studio, coloring a happy sun from my Free Spirit Coloring Book
I'm looking forward to using this blog as a fun way to communicate all these creative ideas with you! Starting a blog has been in the back of my mind for quite awhile now. Although I already have a site where I share my art knowledge and post tutorials (www.Art-is-Fun.com), I wanted a space that's a bit more casual, where I can post mini-tutorials and mini-reviews, show you what I've been working on, and do all the other things listed above... plus post fun/whimsical images like the animated GIF I created for the top of this post! 😊
Above: A glimpse of my clothespin wall where I pinned pages from my More Good Vibes Coloring Book as I finished them
If you already follow me on Facebook, you'll find that this blog will go more in-depth than what I post there. Although I thoroughly enjoy connecting with people who comment on my Facebook posts, posting on Facebook has its limitations. Algorithm changes on Facebook (and Instagram) mean that my posts only reach a fraction of my followers. Facebook's algorithms make me feel pressured to carefully curate the types of things that I post, whereas I see this blog as a way for me to get more in-depth by sharing lots of pics and info on my process and techniques. Plus, this blog will be the perfect space for me to share rambly thoughts about creativity, the business of being an artist, and things that inspire me. In other words, I feel like I can be more "me" here!
Thanks for reading my first blog post! Feel free to bookmark my blog to follow along with my posts, or subscribe to my RSS feed to ensure you never miss a post. If there's anything specific you'd like to see me blog about, please feel free to let me know in the comments below!
Take care & see you soon!
Above: Art from my Happy Campers Coloring Book